Scariest – Applying first aid to my supervisor after he got concentrated nitric acid in his eye despite wearing safety glasses! We didn’t know how much got in and I had to flush out his eye with water while waiting for the medic to arrive. No one else had a first aid certificate!
Dangerous – I was once in a room that was filling with cyanide gas and I didn’t know because even though it smells like almonds, I could not smell it and I wasn’t wearing a gas monitor to tell me that I was in danger. I am one the people who can’t smell it and I’m only here today because someone walking past did smell it and yanked me out of there into the fresh air.